The Australasian Stroke Unit Network (ASUN) was initiated to:
- establish a network and resource to promote and facilitate the development of effective models of stroke care delivery
- facilitate the dissemination of information on standards and policies of stroke care as identified as being relevant for stroke care in Australia and New Zealand.
ASUN has played an important role in the development of the state stroke clinical networks. ASUN continues to support the activities of these networks and represent many stroke clinicians at a national and state level.
The current activities of the network include:
- establishing ongoing communication and networking amongst stroke specialists for discussion of clinical issues
- providing a distribution point for information about current updates in clinical practice including initial versions and updates of National Stroke Foundation/Stroke Society of Australasia endorsed practice guidelines
- providing a forum for development of stroke care performance indicators